Celebrating over 100 plus years of friends And fellowship
SPIRIT AND INTENTION
It has been written that September 6, 1907 was the historic day Morton's Point as we know it was conceived. This was the day R. M. Morton and E. C. Kenny explored sites and bays for a suitable location for a camp. In the spring of 1910 construction of a log lodge was started on the 12 acres we know as Morton's Point.
Since that time through the hard work and dedication of its members, Morton's Point has grown and provided countless days of health, happiness and fellowship. Over these years through courtesy and a willingness to help others, a reputation has been developed that we can all be proud of.
It has not been just a simple premise of having a club to promote the welfare of members and guests that has made Morton's Point what it is. It is not simply a resort. It is an attitude. An attitude that appreciates the special atmosphere, the fellowship, the dedication and the history that goes along with it.
It is because of those who have gone before us we have what we do. To them we owe our sincerest thanks. To ourselves we owe the enjoyment our camp has to offer. To those of the future we owe the responsibility of preservation shown to us.
The enjoyment of the present, an appreciation of the past and a responsibility to the future is the spirit and intention of Morton's Point Camp. It is one that would have all who belong, work to put into the camp as much or more than you take out.